Hello friends, today’s article is about Warlords of Aternum guide – Strategy Tutorial to game, the guide for a strategic turn-based that I’m trying my hand at.
To immediately understand what kind of game we are talking about, I tell you that it looks a lot like Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics or the game reviewed some time ago War and Magic – Tactical Game like Heroes of Might and Magic
Compared to War and Magic, the game is cruder in terms of graphics and with a less profound story, but for involvement is much better.
In Warlords of Aternum, you and your army, you must protect the villages and free the villagers from the threat of the orc.
This task will initially seem impossible, as you will start with a very small army and the enemies will exceed you far.
Go away to free the villages from bandits or orcs, you will also free new units for your army.
In some cases, for demonstrating your strength, you will be able to subdue also mighty enemy units and that will become part of your ranks.
If you’ve come this far and do not know Warlords of Aternum, here you can find the links to download the Android and IOS version:
Download game from Google Play Store
If instead you want to find out more about the game and some tricks that can help you, continue reading the article.
Warlords of Aternum guide – First steps
As soon as you start Warlords of Aternum, after a brief introduction that will explain the basic mechanics, you will find yourself on the main game interface with the world map in the middle of the screen.
The purpose of the game in Warlords of Aternum, as mentioned in the introduction, is to free the various counties and defeat the threat of the orcs.
To do this, you will start from the lost lands of the kingdom, and you will have to defeat the armies present in the occupied lands.
As soon as we overcome all the clashes proposed for each county, the villagers will give us fragments of unity.
Once we have ten fragments of the same type, we will invoke a new type of unit that will be added to our army.
However, the fragments are useful even after acquiring the unit, to enhance them and unlock new skills and better statistics.
For example the wild knights will unlock the charge that allows you to move an opposing unit from its position.
The list of all skills if you are interested, I will write it later.
Warlords of Aternum guide – Battles and bonus/malus of units
Certainly the heart of Warlords of Aternum, are the tactical battles.
It is essential to study both the enemy army and the battlefield.
Choosing your army before each battle, based on these characteristics is extremely important because the fate of the battle often depends on this.
In Warlords of Aternum it is not enough In fact, deploy the strongest army if the units of the enemy have bonuses against ours.
To make you better understand what I mean, we study better the data of the battle.
First of all, the units.
Each unit has strong points and others weak against the others.
For what I have seen, there are five types.
- Guardians. Basic unit with a lot of defense. Strong against lances and archers, weak against cavalry and wizards.
- Cavalry. Very fast and powerful unit. Strong against infantry and archers, weak against lances and wizards.
- Lances. Units with attack and medium defense. Strong against cavalry and archers, weak against guardians and wizards.
- Archers. Unit that hits from the distance (three squares). Very strong against wizards, weak against close combat units.
- Wizards. Unit that hits from a medium distance (two squares), with very powerful spells. Very strong against all units except the archers who are lethal to them
So as you will have understood, if you are facing an army of archers, certainly you will not go to deploy an army full of magicians, you would do a bad end.
Warlords of Aternum guide – The battlefield
However, in Warlords of Aternum, the strategy does not stop only on the type of unit.
It is necessary to make the most of the type of terrain and try to identify any heights, trees, and points of care.
If you look at the picture of the previou paragraph, you will notice both a sort of defensive tower and a field with a fire.
In fact, you know all the units do much more damage if they are in a box higher than their opponents.
If they are lower , they are in a disadvantageous position and will cause less damage.
So always try to get a higher position of your opponent.
Trees instead provide protection.
No matter what type of unit you are hiding in the forest, it will always have a defense bonus that will save more damage.
Of course the game also applies to the opponent, so avoid stopping right next to a forest if you do not complete the move, in the next turn you will find yourself having to face the enemy in the trees.
Healing points, or camps, for how you prefer to call them, are very important for the most difficult battles.
In a battle where your units are out of strength and suffer significant damage, if you manage to conquer a treatment area, you may even get out of it. winners.
I give you an example, in a fight against a boss, your units suffer serious damage from the boss.
The boss on the contrary, it seems almost that you do the tickle.If in this fight, you can place the unit that is attacked from the boss inside a nursing area and with the others attacked from the distance, you could win by exhausting the boss.
Another peculiarity of the terrain in the battles in Warlords of Aternum that you have to consider are the marshes.
In the marshes, both yours and the opposing units block whatever their speed.
This means that if you find yourself in front of a swamp, you may decide to wait the enemies on the other side and let them approach.
As soon as they are within reach, you can attack them in an advantageous position.
Warlords of Aternum guide – How to improve your units
We have already seen that in Warlords of Aternum, fragments must be obtained to obtain and upgrade their units.
It is to say that the upgrade of the units is not the only way to improve their fighting strength.
First of all, as in any self-respecting strategic last generation, the units gain experience fighting.
The experience allows to reach the threshold, to increase the level of the unit. A higher level unit will be able to use the best equipment
and better items for upgrading.
In the first case, the equipment can also be upgraded through the use of gold up to a certain level which depends on the rarity of the equipment itself.
As for the reinforcing objects, these must first be found or purchased and subsequently used in the chosen unit, paying also in this case a certain quantity of gold.
This quantity depends on the power of the object to use, the rarer and more powerful it is, the greater the amount of gold required. they were growing too slowly, or there are more potions of experience, you can use the latter to quickly increase the level of the same.
Do not always use them on the same units, because the maximum level attainable by experience is limited by yours.
So if you are at level 10, your units will never reach level 11. Also consider that wounded units take time to return In good shape.
So having more strong units, it will allow you both to exchange them, reducing the dead times of the game, and to better apply the use of bonuses against enemy armies.
Warlords of Aternum guide – How to earn gold
In Warlords of Aternum, is not easy to earn gold useful for the upgrades of your units.
There are several methods to increase your gold, let’s see what:
- The first method consists in overcoming the various battles with the orcs or the brigands (in practice not PvP). This could be taken for granted, but in reality, to earn much more gold, you must try to finish the battle in “overwhelming” mode. Or complete them in a maximum number of turns.
- The second method is to sell pieces of equipment that your heroes do not use. It will not be much, but sometimes it will be useful to unlock another county to free. In this regard, read my end of paragraph suggestion, it will prevent you from staying still for some time.
- The third method consists of completing the Sky Arch time missions. Here too, gold is not so much, but better than nothing.
- The fourth method is to use the battle points gained in PvP collisions to buy gold.
- The fifth and last way to make money is to use the gems to buy gold. The gems are earned by completing certain missions, as days go by or paying with real money.
The main suggestion I can give you about gold management is to avoid terminating it before you have unlocked a new county to free.
This is because, in Warlords of Aternum, the battles you can make are finite in each county, and from what we saw above, the only methods to earn gold, excluding the use of gems, remains or the missions of Sky Arch, or the battles of the brigands that recover with time passing.
These are also added the possibility of attacking the island brigands, every day, however, in this case also need gold, so always keep a little ‘aside.
These missions do not give you a lot of money, so if you do not keep enough gold to unlock the next county, you’ll have to wait until you accumulate enough gold.
Several times I found myself stuck and forced to wait days before we could continue with the next county.
Warlords of Aternum guide – How to gain fragments of unity
In this Warlords of Aternum guide, I would like to underline the importance of upgrading your units.
As I told you before, the fragments serve you to unlock the various brigades, and for subsequent upgrades.
Each star of the unit requires a growing number of fragments, and unlocking the last few levels is certainly not an easy thing.
Let’s see how we can get these fragments.
- Battles in the counties. Overcoming a series of battles, you will free the villagers held in slavery and they will reward you with fragments.
- The boss battles. During your trip, you may discover certain areas guarded by units stronger than usual. These if defeated will leave you fragments. The bosses come back after a while until they are completely defeated.
- The merchant. From the merchant you can buy items by paying in gold or gems. You will often find fragments payable with gems.
- Dewport. This is the usual event repeated during the day that gives you prizes. Merchant ships will give you pieces of equipment, while smugglers’ ships will also have fragments. Naturally, the second ship appears much more rarely at your port.
- Port of war. In the port of war you can buy different objects and fragments by paying with the battle tokens conquered in PvP. Perhaps this is the best way to recover the fragments you want.
- The island of brigands. In this series of missions with increasing difficulty, if completed in perfect order, defeating the final boss at the end of the three missions, without losing any units and within the limit number of turns, you will get three fragments and you can choose which units are among those who participated in the final mission. Of course this is the best way to get fragments.
Warlords of Aternum guide – And PvP?
If you have come to read this Warlords of Aternum guide, you will certainly understand that PvP is useful for gaining objects and fragments.
What is PvP in Warlords of Aternum?
In reality there is no real PvP. useful battles to the player rankings, in reality are battles against the artificial intelligence of the game with the units chosen by the enemy player’s army.
As for the counties, you will have to unlock the PvP areas with gold, tokens usable in the port of war and you will climb the rankings.
More is the difficulty of the enemy army, the greater the amount of tokens and points earned.
Every half day around you will present new enemies that will invade your PvP areas.
So if for some day you do not do PvP, the possessed areas will again be controlled by enemy armies and you can face them again.
This means that the more areas you have available, the more and it’s the number of days we can ignore PvP and then do it when we want to.
A small suggestion about the PvP battles, is to try not to jump immediately into the fray.
Take positions of defense and strategically better than the enemy and avoid even to suffer the shots of the archers in the first round (for example, the ability to fire rain is hateful and could cause you several problems).
This is because, unlike normal battles, there is no overwhelming victory bonus, so you can safely apply your strategy.
Another suggestion for PvP in Warlords of Aternum is about healing your units or fields or if you have them, using fairies.
If your units have suffered different damages that would take a long time to recover, you can recover during the game itself.
To do this, reduce killing all the opponents minus one that you have to leave in the end of life.
Procure the control of a field of care or place your fairy magic and take care of your units as you finish, kill your opponent and your armies will be ready for the next battle.
Warlords of Aternum guide – Conclusion
In this Warlords of Aternum guide I wanted to collect everything I discovered about this great game.
If you have any other suggestions I can add to the guide, say it in the comments and I will supplement the article.
Instead, if you found the article useful and you liked it, share it with your friends and put it like on my Facebook page and / or on my YouTube channel.
Your support is the best incentive to keep writing articles on the blog.
dnavideochannel(Tuesday March 12th, 2019 - 12:28 AM)
Visitor Rating: 4 Stars
Olaf(Monday April 29th, 2019 - 11:14 AM)
Thanks a lot for this detailed overview!!! This is really missing inside the game!
One comment on gaining fragments – sometimes I got a fragment in the battle with the “raiding brigands”. The Unit jumping on the waggon is getting it. So, whenever the raiding brigands appear on the map (every 2 hours?) – fight them, to get gold and something more.
dnavideochannel(Monday April 29th, 2019 - 07:11 PM)
Thanks for your comment.
Yes, it is true, sometimes brigands are an excellent source for obtaining different resources and if you are lucky, even fragments.